Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

why does my iphone 4s only charge when switched off and also isn't recognised by itune

Can anybody help me please, since i have updated my iphone 4s to OS 7.1.2 it is no longer recognised by itunes and computer, also it will no longer charge while it is switched on. ( But it will charge while it is switched of. )

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 1:45 AM

2 replies

Jul 12, 2014 3:28 AM in response to MickB1701

If you are using a Windows based computer, follow the instructions for resetting the AMDS > How to restart the Apple Mobile Device Service (AMDS) on Windows

Reset the AMDS then see if the battery will charge while the iPhone is on.

If not, try a reset.

Press and hold the Sleep/Wake button and the Home button together for at least ten seconds, until the Apple logo appears.

If that doesn't help, tap Settings > General > Reset > Reset All Settings

No data is lost due to a reset.

Jul 13, 2014 9:14 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Thank you for your help Carolyn, i have try'd everything that you have suggested and nothing have work. but a message does come up on my Computer saying the following. USB DEVICE NOT RECOGNISED: one of the usb Device attached to this computer has Malfunctioned and Windows does not Recognise it. this has been the from the start of the problem since i upgraded..

why does my iphone 4s only charge when switched off and also isn't recognised by itune

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.