Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Previously Purchased Movie on iTunes No Longer Showing Up Under Purchased Items

I purchased a movie from iTunes in November 2012 (Coldplay: Live 2012) and it wasn't showing up on my AppleTV Purchased movies section (wanting to use the iTunes Extra feature on recent AppleTV 6.2 update). I've checked other threads and it was suggested to check my account for Hidden Purchases. The movie I purchased does not show up under Hidden Purchases.

User uploaded file

I then checked Purchased items from the main iTunes page, and I don't even see the movie listed there, even though I have a record of the purchase through my Purchase History under My Account.

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Any suggestions on how to get this to show up under my Purchased items on iTunes or AppleTV?

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 1:44 AM

2 replies

Nov 6, 2014 6:22 AM in response to King_Penguin

I am having similar problems buying movies. The rights issue occurs even if iTunes change or reduces the price of a movie. I now have to check my saved library of past purchases to confirm I do not already have the movie to avoid buying it again.The latest occurrence was fifth element.

It would be really useful if apple would allow you to download a full copy of your past purchases as it is no longer possible to rely on the iTunes store to match your own downloaded content library and the current licenses it holds. This also plays havoc with genius recommendations for purchases.

😟

It would be nice if apple could buy Time/Warner or another media giant so we could break this monopoly of selling the same content over and over again by simply changing the format or metadata of a product.

Previously Purchased Movie on iTunes No Longer Showing Up Under Purchased Items

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.