Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

use Resound linx and Iphone 5 on airplane

I want to be able to listen to sounds from the headphone jack in airplanes (for movies, games, etc)through my Iphone., What do I need to do this? Obviously a standard 3.5mm to 3.5 mm connecting the jack to the Iphone jack will not work.

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 1:49 AM

3 replies

Jul 30, 2014 9:49 AM in response to gnresound

No, that does not work for two reasons. First, if I connect a standard audio cable to the Iphone jack, the Iphone jack is meant to feed signals OUT of the Iphone to a headphone or external speakers and is not meant to see incoming signals. I was able to find a connector that enables me to feed signals into the Iphone like an external microphone. However the Iphone is looking for incoming audio signals only during some special events, such as a telephone or while an app is recording sound. Thus, even though I am able to send signals from an external source to the Iphone, the Iphone at this time is not set up to stream this signal via blutooth to my Linx This was confirmed by an Apple team rep. So at this time I am resigned to the fact that this function is not available for the Linx even though it was available for years on other hearing aids. I have asked the Apple team rep to alert the Apple group working with hearing aid apps of this problem and hopefully there will be a solution soon.

Jun 24, 2015 5:13 PM in response to tweisz9999

I think :

1) It is of course possible " in theory";) . The iPhone can stream the microphone audio into the HA with no problem

Try: "Setting" -> "Accessibility" -> "Hearing Aids" -> "Resound Linx" -> "Start Live Listen"
User uploaded file

2) However, you can not do that with the line-in audio. I am wondering if this is done to force you to buy the separate $289 (check amazon ) device called "ReSound Unite Mini Microphone" http://www.resound.com/en-US/hearing-aids/accessories/mini-microphone That Resounds Web page says, "Want to hear music while exercising or mowing the lawn? Just plug the Mini Microphone into an MP4 player and stream sweet music directly to your hearing aids."

3) The feature we are speaking about is crucial. The main problem (for me ) is not lack of music during the mowing of the lawn.

The main problem, I struggle !!! to use the regular business corded phone at work.

The solution should be simple:

1) Connect the iPhone with the desktop phone using the existent "headset" jack and use the the iPhone microphone to speak and your HA to listen to.

It requires no extra hardware, Just one (or two) extra line of the software code might have resolved the issue.

2) Connect the desktop phone using the existent "headset" jack with the dedicated Bluetooth adapter to use you iPhone with HA connected wireless

I already $7000 for the pair of Linx 9 devices. I do not believe this can not cover the extra simple addition to the iPhone software .

Alas neither solution is available.

Apple, are you listening to: we NEED !!! this feature . Please support me.

use Resound linx and Iphone 5 on airplane

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.