Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Gmail problems after iOS 7.1.2 update (blank mails)

Since updating my iPad Air to iOS 7.1.2 this week, I notice that my emails are retrieved as blank light gray mails. No subject, no contents, date always 01-01-01, etc...

I already removed my gmail account from the iPad and installed it again, but without any effect. The first time I retrieve my email after reinstalling works fine, but the second time, etc.. It's the same story...empty mails. The same thing happens when I re enter my password for the gmail account in the settings menu from the IPad. The first time it works ok, but then the story repeats...

When using the Gmail app everything's seems to work fine!

I suppose its a firmware bug?

regards,

René

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 2:28 AM

6 replies

Jul 21, 2014 2:01 PM in response to Canyonred

I'm having a related problem. Since shortly after updating my phone to ios 7.1.2, gmail is not working properly. Seems emails are bypassing the actual inbox(es) and going straight to the All Mail folder (which is for archives). I do not have any filters set up in gmail or any forwarding and had not changed any of my settings in gmail. This is happening on phone, laptop and ipad.

I read a forum where someone was having this issue and changed their archive mail settings on the phone to archive only on the phone, not the server. That apparently worked for them, but I tried this and it hasn't seemed to make a difference.

I have about 6 emails feeding into gmail so I NEED them separated. Fishing through All Mail trying to find things I need or am expecting is not ideal. If anyone has suggestions, please feel free to pass along.

Thanks!

Gmail problems after iOS 7.1.2 update (blank mails)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.