Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

adobe flash player incompatible with maverick 10.9.4

Hi all, i have a bit of a problem:

i am having problems with adobe flash player, i have downloaded 4 times and its not working, plus when i download, seems incompatible with maverick 10.9.4 as boxes, files & pictures are out of margin... and now i can't see any video on my screen ...

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 2:56 AM

12 replies

Jul 12, 2014 3:24 AM in response to vampydm

Open System Preferences > Flash Player then select the Advanced tab.

Click Delete All under Browsing Data and Settings

Not empty the Safari cache.

From your Safari menu bar click Safari > Preferences then select the Advanced tab.

Select: Show Develop menu in menu bar

Now click Develop from the menu bar. From the drop down menu click Empty Caches.

Now try a video.

If that doesn't help, back to System Preferences > Flash Player select the Advanced tab again.

Click: Check Now

Jul 12, 2014 10:26 AM in response to vampydm

vampdym

Seems this may be by design - on Thursday October 24, 2013 6:06 am PDT by Richard Padilla wrote an article for macrumors quoting Adobe and Apple statements made to ZDNet - http://www.macrumors.com/2013/10/24/adobe-flash-player-now-sandboxed-in-safari-o n-os-x-mavericks/ - the gist being that Flash Player would have a security flaw when used in Safari version supplied with Mavericks. As described by Apple, sandboxing "provides a last line of defense against the theft, corruption, or deletion of user data" if a malicious attempt is made at exploiting an app.

Good news is Apple has weighed in !! Adobe Flash Player updates available for OS X on July 10, 2014 = Apple Knowledge Base Article HT5655 - apparently just recently 😀

Hope this helps

CCC

Jul 14, 2014 2:22 AM in response to Carolyn Samit

Hi guys, thank you for your answers, i have done everything Carolyn and i still can't perform anything, in preferences, advance, there is nothing that says java, allow java plug ins neither in manage advance... :-S

i have performed the check Now, it says it is not install and i have attempted 7 times now, but still looks like there is a mayor problem there that i can't ...

😟 What else can i do??

Thanks

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Jul 14, 2014 2:27 AM in response to vampydm

I have been having a similar problem when I use Safari, it keeps telling me that Flash is not installed. If I use Firefox it works fine and You Tube works fine. I've been on to Apple support and have spent 5 hours taking their advice, the problem was sent to Apple engineering and yet so far it has not been resolved. I'm dreading another 2 hours trying to sort it out.

It seems to be a major problem that both the frontline advisers and their bosses can't sort, even Apple engineering, that gave me 4 'remedies' have not solved it yet.

Jul 14, 2014 2:34 AM in response to Paul_31

Hi Paul, yes i have, it seems it's downloading, at 50% says complete and then like a failure on image or disk image or something, i click on finish and brings me to the page of adobe like if it has downloaded, but it has not... i tried in firefox, the same thing, although i can use some vids, others not a chance...

User uploaded file

User uploaded file

Aug 1, 2014 9:03 AM in response to vampydm

Hi guys, well after weeks of trying to solve this problem, let me tell ya something, google chrome was a pain !!!!! PAIN!!! it started to bring all sort of spams and got so many viruses, first time ever in my life since i got a Mac computer, it was horrible, but i downloaded a FREE anti virus called Sophos, really good, then after my comp started working properly again, we find a solution to the flash player...

" They provided valuable information and we have been able to reproduce the issue. To bypass installing Flash Player using the installer from get.adobe.com/flashplayer, you can download the offline installer available here Flash Player Plug-in (All other browsers). This offline installer will install without returning the error."

Now if you download that to dropbox, or something like that, you can install it and sort the problem as the problem is the online version ... also, please PEOPLE, never EVER download Google Chrome... your might loose your files and get so many spam ever...

Hope it works for ye...

adobe flash player incompatible with maverick 10.9.4

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.