Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Will Not Render

My Project does not render. It is that simple. The render line at the top stays fully orange and never gets any smaller. I open the BACKGROUN TASKS window and nothing is happening.User uploaded file The render line does not get any smaller. Nothing happens. I try to Share and nothing happens.

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 3:20 AM

9 replies

Jul 12, 2014 6:00 AM in response to thomasfromwayne

thomasfromwayne wrote:

I tried the SELECT ALL and RENDER option. Nothing! I am fearful about the link you sent me. It appears it will discombobulate everything I currently have. I have an appointment at the GENIUS BAR in the Apple Store in King of Prussia, PA at 11:30 AM. I was hoping for a fix so I could cancel this drive, but so far no good.

Preference Manager is a useful program that many of use to delete FCP X preferences; but since you have 10.1.2, you may not even need it.

With this version there is an automatic way to clear the preferences: hold down command and option when starting the application and you will get the option to delete the preferences.

User uploaded file

Jul 12, 2014 7:07 AM in response to thomasfromwayne

One of the things to keep in mind about FCP X is that each time we render, it adds more files; it does not dump the ones we generated previously. That increases the possibility that it will get hung up on a problematic render. Fortunately, you can delete render files – either at the library level or at the event level, The command is accessible from the File menu.

Russ

Jul 12, 2014 1:55 PM in response to Russ H

I went to the Apple store. After 2 tech did not figure it out the 3rd Did.

My LIBRARY FOLDER was corrupt.

We created a new LIBRARY FOLDER AND GAVE IT A NEW NAME. Then we dragged the EVENTS under the Corrupted Folder to the New Folder. Lastly we deleted the Old Corrupted Folder.

Be aware that one of the techs was advising deleting FCP X and\or my OPERATING SYSTEM and reinstalling them before the 3rd solves the problem with the simple solution.

I hope this helps someone else before they go through any excessive aggravation.

Tom Watson

Tom Watson

Will Not Render

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.