Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do I edit Categories - books/music/tv etc

I've installed iTunes 11.3.0.54 (windows 7) and imported my media.

It has categorised everything except items that I purchased from the iTunes store as music - this includes movies, audio books and tv shows.

I'm a bit of a neat freak and this is driving me mad - how do I change the categories on these items? (I have tried looking on 'get info' to no avail) I'm sure that there is an obvious answer as it's quite a basic question but it has eluded me!!

Many thanks in advance of your help

Helen

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 3:38 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 3:53 AM

Were you using iTunes previously, and if so why did you need to import anything after an upgrade or migration?

By default imported audio files are treated as Music, and video files are treated as Home Movies. You can select one or more items, press CTRL+I to Get Info, and change their Media Kind from the Options tab.

tt2

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2014 3:53 AM in response to BoycieHel

Were you using iTunes previously, and if so why did you need to import anything after an upgrade or migration?

By default imported audio files are treated as Music, and video files are treated as Home Movies. You can select one or more items, press CTRL+I to Get Info, and change their Media Kind from the Options tab.

tt2

How do I edit Categories - books/music/tv etc

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.