Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Web pages do not load after startup

Mac Mini 2.Ghz Intel Core i7

Just did a clean instal of OS 10.9.4

Computer connected to Internet via Ethernet.

Ethernet status after start up 'Connected' (from Network System preferences)

After start up I cannot get web pages to load (or my mail to come in via mail program) without, either, unplugging the Ethernet cable from the router and replugging it back in,

or by going through the following procedure:

Opening System Preferences

Clicking Network

Clicking on Ethernet going to Advanced

From the Configure IPv4 drop down, selecting Off then clickingApply Then from Configure IPv4 drop down, selecting, 'Using DHCP' (the setting I started with) and clicking Apply

After either of these the the internet connection is fully restored.

I have tried using different cables etc to no avail.

I have an older Mac Mini running Snow Leopard, connected to the same router and this problem does not occur.

Is this a bug and is there a known fix so I do not have to always replug the cable with each start up?

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 4:28 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 5:07 AM

You can try this :

System Preferences / Network / Locations / Edit Locations... / Click "+" and create a new location.

If this does not work, to try understanding what is happening after startup, can you please tell me what output you get when typing :

ifconfig

In the terminal ? (/Applications/Utilities)

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2014 5:07 AM in response to Dharm9

You can try this :

System Preferences / Network / Locations / Edit Locations... / Click "+" and create a new location.

If this does not work, to try understanding what is happening after startup, can you please tell me what output you get when typing :

ifconfig

In the terminal ? (/Applications/Utilities)

Web pages do not load after startup

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.