Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

HELP MY IPOD IS STOLEN PLEASE!

My Ipod 5 generation got stolen and I turned off the The find my Ipod I looked everywhere for it but I couldn't find it my friend told mw you could log into your apple id or something and it searches the devices or something like that can someone please tell me what I should do?? She said when she turned off her find my ipod that she found it and that it makes a sound like a beeping sound or something PLEASE someone help me.

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 5:05 AM

8 replies

Jul 12, 2014 6:56 AM in response to Jesse_12343

Find my iPod is the ONLY way to track it.

If you turned on the feature on the iPod and it is on and it is connect to wi-fi, then you may be able to track it to an approximate street address. You could also get it to play a sound if you turned on the find my iPod feature on the iPod.

Otherwise you cannot.

Report it to the police and change your passwords.

Jul 12, 2014 12:28 PM in response to Jesse_12343

Do what?

To report to police call then to find out what exactly to do. You will need to know the serial number

- iOS: How to find the serial number, IMEI, MEID, CDN, and ICCID number

To change Apple ID PW:

How do I change or recover a forgotten Apple ID Password?

If you've forgotten your Apple ID Password or want to change it, go to My Apple ID and follow the instructions. SeeChanging your Apple ID password if you'd like more information.

For other passwords it depends upon the app used.

Jul 12, 2014 12:43 PM in response to Jesse_12343

As roaminggnome said, you can only do that if you have FindMyiPod on and the iPod is connected to the internet. You said FindMyiPod was turned off.

lost/stolen

No app on the iPod is required.

- If you previously turned on FIndMyiPod on the iPod in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected, on a computer browser go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone. If the iPod has been restored it will never show up or conbtinue to show off-line.

- You can also wipe/erase the iPod and have the iPod play a sound via iCloud.

iCloud: Erase your device

iCloud: Use Lost Mode

- If not shown, then you will have to use the old fashioned way, like if you lost a wallet or purse.

- Change the passwords for all accounts used on the iPod and report to police

- There is no way to prevent someone from restoring the iPod (it erases it) using it unless you had iOS 7 on the device. With iOS 7, one has to enter the Apple ID and password to restore the device.

- Apple will do nothing without a court order

Reporting a lost or stolen Apple product

- iOS: How to find the serial number, IMEI, MEID, CDN, and ICCID number

Jul 12, 2014 1:00 PM in response to Jesse_12343

What does this mean that yo said in your initial post:

I turned off the The find my Ipod

If off like you said you can't find it via wifi.

Otherwise Like I said in my previous repoly:

- If you previously turned on FIndMyiPod on the iPod in Settings>iCloud and wifi is on and connected, on a computer browser go to iCloud: Find My iPhone, sign in and go to FIndMyiPhone. If the iPod has been restored it will never show up or conbtinue to show off-line.

- You can also wipe/erase the iPod and have the iPod play a sound via iCloud.

iCloud: Erase your device

iCloud: Use Lost Mode

- If not shown, then you will have to use the old fashioned way, like if you lost a wallet or purse.

HELP MY IPOD IS STOLEN PLEASE!

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.