Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Can't find/retrieve named image file

When editing photos with CS6, I export afterwards to a file I've created for the purpose. For example, "Vacation." Unfortunately, I noticed I was not careful about where this file had been placed and the only way I can locate it is when I'm saving the next one. The chain goes something like this:

Home>Pictures>Aperture Main>Preview>2014>07>11>20140706-110450>Vacation

I'll add that with the "Aperture Main" part of the chain, it's grey and unaccessible. I recognize that it's automatically created dated files in part ("20140706") but after the dash, I think it's arbitrary. It's not the original number of the image the camera assigns.

Anyway, I've done searches by date, by Vacation, by month, and what comes up is slim. I never see the layers of files to search as indicated in the string above. I get "Pictures" (and as much as the originals are in Aperture, the edits were never put back, so I wouldn't search there), but there are no files in "Pictures" named "Preview" or "2014", etc.

I have even searched "Preview" and have never seen the string to locate the "Vacation" file.

Still looking and will use some specific numbers now, but don't expect much.

Any idea how to crack where they're buried? They're hiding in plain sight.

Thanks!

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 6:01 AM

3 replies

Can't find/retrieve named image file

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.