Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iPhone's screen is lit but black

There was no contact with water and it didn't fall.

It's battery ran out after it was working perfectly, and when I charged it, the charging sign wasn't there. I thought it was okay, but then it's screen lights up but stays completely black. I tried turning it off and on but it didn't work. I also tried holding the home and sleep buttons but it didn't wok either. I charged it overnight and it's still not working.

MY iphone is only 1 month old. This shouldn't be happening. Please help.

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 5:09 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Aug 9, 2015 10:06 AM

I am having the EXACT same issue that yout were having. I'm just checking to see if you ever managed to get it fixed, and if so, how? Its an iPhone 5s that was working perfectly, until it wasn't! The screen is lit up but black and completely unresponsive. When I plug it into the computer iTunes comes up saying the phone is in recovery mode but nothing works. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Aug 9, 2015 10:06 AM in response to Noura N.

I am having the EXACT same issue that yout were having. I'm just checking to see if you ever managed to get it fixed, and if so, how? Its an iPhone 5s that was working perfectly, until it wasn't! The screen is lit up but black and completely unresponsive. When I plug it into the computer iTunes comes up saying the phone is in recovery mode but nothing works. Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Jul 14, 2014 1:33 PM in response to Noura N.

Hello Noura N.,

The troubleshooting steps detailed below can help restore power to your iPhone.

If your battery doesn't charge, or if your device shows a low-battery image, black screen, or "accessory not supported" alert, follow these steps.

1. Inspect the connector at the bottom of the phone:
    • Make sure that there are no bent pins in the connector.
    • Make sure that the connector is free from debris.
    • If there are bent pins or debris, please contact Apple Support.
    • Otherwise, continue troubleshooting.
  2. Make sure that the outlet you're using works.
  3. Make sure that the Apple USB cable and Apple USB power adapter work.
  4. Plug the device in to power and let it charge until your device turns on. This could take between 10 and 30 minutes. If you don't have an Apple USB power adapter, try connecting to a computer's high-power USB 2.0 port (not a keyboard). The computer must be on.
  5. If the device still exhibits an issue, try turning your device off and then on again while connected to power.
  6. If the issue persists, please contact Apple Support.

iPhone and iPod touch: Charging the battery

http://support.apple.com/kb/HT1476

Cheers,

Allen

My iPhone's screen is lit but black

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.