Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

my iphone has been locked by some one else

the story is i bought a iphone 4 of ebay with a broken screen and back i repaired it then sold it on the evening they sent me a text saying that the camara was not working and wanted there money back so i meet them at an asda car park and gave them there money back when i got home i done a restore with itunes and found out that there is an apple id on it i tried contacting them with no hope now i am left with my phone waiting for there id so i can use the phone again any help would be great i got in contact with apple and they cant help me,thanks.

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 5:59 AM

7 replies

Jul 12, 2014 12:19 PM in response to travaler

That's a tough situation to be in. You should have made sure the device was restored as new before giving someone money for it.

Basically, you bought an iPhone from someone without verifying that it was not Activation Locked. Only the owner of that Apple ID or the original purchaser of the device from an Apple Authorized Retail Store can do anything about that.

However, since you've made an unauthorized modification to the iPhone, Apple will not provide any support or service to the device now, and that might even include removing Activation Lock with the original Proof of Purchase.

Basically, you put yourself into a corner with no way out.

Jul 13, 2014 6:41 AM in response to travaler

You need to go to whomever used and set up iCloud/ Find my iPhone on that phone. You will have to figure out who the person is, as it is impossible to guess from the information provided.

If I understand correctly, the iPhone was NOT registered to iCloud/Find my Phone when you sold it, but that the person who you sold it to registered it?

If so contact the buyer.

my iphone has been locked by some one else

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.