Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Do I need more ram or something else

I do not want this to be another slow computer question but I've done just about everything to else my iMac. Now I would like some help.

If I want to have 10 to 20 tabs open in chrome is one thing. But if I want to have iMove open with other applications, that's when the problem seems to be at it's worst. Have you ever started up an application and you heard a "rumble" in your computer before the application loads. Yes that is happening all the time. Spinning rainbow as well when more than 2 apps are opened. I've clean/fixed all app on start up as well. Any help would be appreciated.

thank youl

User uploaded file

Processor 2.66GHx Intel Core 2 Duo

Memory 4GB 1067 MHz DDR3

Start up Disk 4 GB

Version 10.9.3 - I purchased this mac around 2008

HD 639.28 GB and 510 GB FREE

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 5:39 AM

3 replies

Jul 12, 2014 6:25 AM in response to talentous

The rumble noise isn't normal, you may be developing hard drive problems. You should run Disk Utility from your original install disc and check your hard drive. You could also run the Apple Hardware test from Disc 2 of the original start up set to see if it reports any errors.

you mentioned that you "cleaned"? What did you do to clean? Did you install a cleaning app?

Do I need more ram or something else

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.