Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to get virtual window in macbook air

i have purchased macbook sir 6 days back . i am finding it difficult to work on macbook . Mostly i need to use ms office and another designing softwares like adobe photoshop and adobe flash etc .

Please tell me the procedure of creating a virtual window in my macbook.

TIA

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 6:43 AM

2 replies

Jul 12, 2014 9:48 AM in response to surbhifromdelhi

Please explain what you mean by a virtual window? I assume you mean run Windows in a virtual machine?

I think you would be better off using the Mac versions of those software, Office, Photoshop & Flash can all be installed on a Mac.

Running a virtual machine will decrease performance and should be used when an app has no Mac version. The other option is to use bootcamp, which makes a complete Windows install on your Mac in addition to OS X. This basically defeats the purpose of buying a Mac if you only plan to run Windows.

You will need a Mac licence for Office & Photoshop, see if you can 'cross grade' them…

http://helpx.adobe.com/x-productkb/policy-pricing/order-product-platform-languag e-swap.html#main_Request_a_platform_or_language_swap

I can't see the option for Microsoft Office so have search on MS's site.

how to get virtual window in macbook air

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.