Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Microsoft Office 2011 stops download of encrypted files

I need to open agendas with embedded files to download to my MacBook Air, with Mavericks. Something will not let me do this, and I'm stumped. I can see the attached file, and open it in NHSMail, but cannot open the attachments. On my PC the option to download comes up automatically. Help please as this is proving very frustrating.

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 6:56 AM

2 replies

Jul 12, 2014 2:41 PM in response to baltwo

Have followed your link but can find nothing relevant, I'm afraid. The doc I need to save is emailed, encrypted. It contains many embedded docs within it. I cannot find any way to save it on my Mac. My PC gives the option to download immediately and this works. I need to use my Mac not my PC. I'm stumped, and understand other Mac users have the same problem. Have wondered if using a different internet search engine such as Firefox would solve the issue. I'll try that tomorrow as other things have worked through Firefox but not Safari.

Microsoft Office 2011 stops download of encrypted files

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.