Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

the app was not installed because you are not authorized on this computer...

Keep getting this error on multiple apps that I've owned for years when I try and install them on a new device I purchased. Wonder if some of the issue is that I've had apple products for years and years and I had reached the 5 computer maximum for authorized computers so I went through the steps to de-authorize all the other computers and just authorize the 1 laptop I use for storing my iTunes stuff. Any suggestions would be greatly appreciated. I have tried de-authorizing the laptop and re-authorizing it but that did not resolve the issue.

User uploaded file

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 7:11 AM

1 reply

Jul 12, 2014 7:49 AM in response to brendafromasbury

I think I might know what the issue is but I don't know how to fix it either! Some time ago when I contacted support they said they had changed the rules on Apple ID and it had to be an email address (mine had previously been a name), so I did that but I think the error I'm getting is for the apps that were purchased under the old Apple ID. I no longer remember the password for the old Apple ID. I have requested it but have not received an email yet. Anyone else have experience with that?

the app was not installed because you are not authorized on this computer...

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.