Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Where is the “Turn off text smoothing for font sizes” pop-up menu in Mavericks?

I'm using Photoshop CC 2014 and when I open the program, I receive this message:

For the Photoshop UI to display correctly, open System Preferences, click Appearance, and turn off text smoothing for font sizes 8 and smaller.

I open System Preferences, click on General, and Appearance, and there is no "Turn off text smoothing for font sizes......" There is a question mark (?) to the right of the last line and when I click on it, the following message appears:

Font smoothing reduces jagged edges for some fonts.

If you plan to use small font sizes in your documents, choose a font size from the “Turn off text smoothing for font sizes” pop-up menu.

When text smoothing (or “antialiasing”) is on, smaller fonts can be harder to read.

Where is the pop-up menu?

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 7:56 AM

1 reply

Where is the “Turn off text smoothing for font sizes” pop-up menu in Mavericks?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.