Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How to do the recuperation of an iPod?

My iPod is completely off. I plug in it to my iMac, and iTunes try to do the recuperation of the iPod. It last 2 hours and nothing happens. Is my iPod dead?

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 8:22 AM

1 reply

Jul 14, 2014 1:09 PM in response to MFC-QC

Hey there!

It sounds like you have charged your iPod for 2 hours but it is not turning on. Take a look at this info from the following article for additional steps to try to get your iPod back on:

iPod won't turn on

http://support.apple.com/kb/TS1383

Reset iPod

If iPod still does not turn on or appears to be "frozen" you may need to reset it. When you reset iPod all your songs and files are saved. Some customized settings may be lost.

Let the iPod battery drain

In rare cases, iPod might get into a state in which it needs to be drained completely before it can be reset. If iPod didn't turn on after you reset it, follow these steps:

1. Disconnect iPod from all power sources and leave it disconnected for about 24 hours.
  2. Reconnect iPod to the Apple iPod Power Adapter or computer and reset it.

Update iPod's software

If iPod turns on after you reset it, use the latest version of iTunes to update iPod.

Additional Information

If you have tried the solutions above and iPod still won't turn on, check the following:

• Make sure iPod is the only device in your FireWire or USB chain. Disconnect everything but the mouse, keyboard, and your iPod, then see if it will turn on.
  • Make sure you are using the FireWire or USB cable that came with your iPod, and that the cable is in good condition.
  • Try connecting iPod to the built-in port of a different computer to see if that works. Note: If using a portable computer, make sure it is plugged in to a power source and that the lid or display is open. If the lid is closed the computer may go into either standby, sleep, or hibernation mode and iPod will not charge properly.

If you still can't turn iPod on after performing these steps, it may need to be repaired. You can arrange for repair at the iPod Service Website.

Thank you for using Apple Support Communities.

All the best,

Sterling

How to do the recuperation of an iPod?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.