Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Unsupported

Reopened my presentation in keynote and now all .jpg and .png images are missing, when I try to replace them i get "The image "xxx.jpg" couldn't be inserted. This image is of an unsupported type.".... yet the same images still work in other presentations running the same instance of keynote...WHY??? oh why???

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 7:55 AM

1 reply

Jul 12, 2014 8:46 AM in response to nakedapefilms

Try this repair for Keynote, ensure you complete all the tasks and in the order shown:

delete all the iWork applications if you have them, not just Keynote, using Appcleanerfrom Mac Update, its a freeware application

empty the trash: Finder > Empty Trash

Shut down your Mac, wait 30 seconds, then power on the Mac, immediately after the start chime, hold down the Shift key

When you see the grey Apple symbol and progress indicator (a spinning gear), release the Shift key.

If you are prompted to log in, type your password, then hold down the Shift key again as you click Log in.

Let the Mac fully boot up, it will take longer as the OS is repairing the drive

when fully booted, go to Applications > Utilities > Disc Utility; click on the boot drive then First Aid tab and click repair disc permissions

when complete, restart the Mac normally, Apple menu > Restart

install Keynote from the Mac App Store

Unsupported

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.