Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Latest iTunes 11.3 won't sync iPad2 on WIN 8.1 64-bit PC

After updating my iPad2 to iOS 7.1.2 I updated iTunes to 11.3.0.54(latest!) on my Windows 8.1 64-bit PC. I opened iTunes on my PC and then plugged in my Apple Sync Cable to my PC and then plugged in the 30 pin connector to my iPad2. I can hear the connection tune play but within a few seconds I will hear the disconnection tune. My will not show up in iTunes at all like it did before the updates. I've tried uninstalling and then reinstalling the 64-Bit version of iTunes(11.3.0.54)as labeled on the Apple.com website. But still nothing.

I checked my Device Managed on my PC and my iPad2 is listed. The Software Manager lists the iTunes Program as 32-Bit. That's why I tried the uninstall and reinstall twice each. Is Apple downloading the 32-Bit version in place of the 64-Bit version I wondered? On a second WIN 8.1 PRO/64-Bit PC iTunes 11.3.0.54 is syncing fine with an iOS7.1.2 updated iPod Touch 5G.

Has Apple dropped support in iTunes for the iPad2?

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 8:19 AM

13 replies

Jul 12, 2014 10:59 PM in response to richard from san juan bautista

Im having the same problem with my ipod since the update. Ive been searching the internet for any info I can find on this and so far this is the only thing ive found. Im not going to try reinstalling and all that because from what ive seen its been unsuccessful. Im wondering if this is some kind of glitch in the new update they havent recognized or something? I have a 7th generation nano.

Jul 12, 2014 11:09 PM in response to richard from san juan bautista

I found a post by TiBonin that helped me (unable to find the post again),

But in summary, with the device connected, on windows 8.1 open up device manager, navigate to 'portable devices', right click on the device (in my case iPhone), choose update driver and then browse to 'c:\program files\common files\apple\mobile device support\drivers. Select ok, it will hopefully update the driver. Restart your machine, fire up iTunes and then dock the device again.

Jul 31, 2014 9:41 AM in response to richard from san juan bautista

Searching this morning on iTunes Support, I found this answer that worked for me as well... From cjla: Okay I fixed my problem. So on my computer I went to control panel, then to programs and features, and uninstalled "Apple Application Support, Apple Software Update, and ITunes." Then I went and re-installed the latest itunes. It worked.

Sep 9, 2014 1:00 AM in response to richard from san juan bautista

I tried all the suggestions here and none of them worked for my iPad Air. I connected my iPad Air to the MS Surface Pro and HP Desktop both running Windows 8.1. The same problem. The Apple cable was just fine, but for some reason I thought I would try out a non Apple certified cable that I bought on eBay. The eBay cable was slow in charing the iPad Air, so I never used it. I will be darned! When I used the eBay cable, My PC recognized the iPad Air right away!!!

Thinking that the non certified cable "cleared" something up, I reconnected the Apple cable, the iPad is not recognized.

Sep 9, 2014 1:03 PM in response to Torch287

Just found out that it was the Apple lightning cable. While it can charge, its syncing function can fail! Who would have known that especially when the cable looks and charges fine. I am growing weary of all these issues. I wasted hours thinking that the issues were with my 3 Windows computers and notebook. Just one expensive lousy cable was the problem. I am not buying Apple cables but go go places like Monoprice and get cheaper but Apple certified cables!

Latest iTunes 11.3 won't sync iPad2 on WIN 8.1 64-bit PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.