Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iTunes singles made into albums?

I am using iTunes on Windows 8.1 and every time I add an individual single of a song, it turns it into an album without me even providing an album name.

This is very annoying as now I have about 50 albums with almost 40 of them just being singles.

Does anyone know how to solve this?

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 7:36 AM

5 replies

Jul 12, 2014 7:55 AM in response to AmYsMiTh1408

What you describe is the default behavior. There are at least a couple of ways in which you could override this:

1. Select all the "albums" that contain single tracks, right-click > Get Info and enter a common Album name (I've seen people using "My Singles"). This will group all singles under one named album
  2. As (1) but select by artist so that you're creating an album for all singles by Artist 1, one for all singles by Artist 2, ...

Unfortunately (from your perspective, at least), iTunes doesn't offer an option to organize music without the concept of Album - even if you remove the Album metadata iTunes will then group all tracks into something called "Unknown Album".

iTunes singles made into albums?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.