Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Autofixing "i" to "I"

Using Pages 5.2 on a late 2012 iMac.

Does pages not auto fix a lowercase letter "i" to a capital "I" when typing and referring to ones self? I know it does it in Microsoft Word, and I was pretty sure it did it in older versions of Pages.

I have tried to change it in the substitutions list but for it to work there needs to be more than 2 characters. Not sure if I have turned something off or if this is just how pages has always been. Any ideas on how to change this?

I know its a very minor problem and maybe for those of you who type correctly this snit an issue but it has been getting fairly frustrating lately for me.

Thanks for your help

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 7:42 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 8:14 AM

Pages v5(.2) does not have auto-capitalization capability as was present from Pages ’09 preferences. You will either need to press the shift key to force capitalization, or place a sequence in System Preferences > Keyboard > Text. I use two lower case i that are replaced by a capital I. You will have to decide which is a smoother workflow for you — a shift key or automatic substituted text replacement.

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2014 8:14 AM in response to Vanslacker

Pages v5(.2) does not have auto-capitalization capability as was present from Pages ’09 preferences. You will either need to press the shift key to force capitalization, or place a sequence in System Preferences > Keyboard > Text. I use two lower case i that are replaced by a capital I. You will have to decide which is a smoother workflow for you — a shift key or automatic substituted text replacement.

Autofixing "i" to "I"

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.