Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Troubleshoot Home Sharing not working from any iDevice, Mac's are ok, as is Apple Remote App

Running OSX Mavericks 10.9.4, iTunes 11.3 (54). All iOS devices are 7.1.2

All devices are connecting to the same TimeCapsule which is in Bridge mode to a Wifi Client Bridge which provides the DHCP service. The problem remains if I reconfigure the TimeCapsule to operate in DHCP/NAT mode.

I'm trying to access my iTunes music collection from a number of iOS devices (iPhone4, 5s, iPad mini, iPad Air).

I have gone to Settings > Music > Home Sharing and signed in with the same Apple ID as used on the Mac that is sharing the music library.

I CAN access the shared library from another mac running 10.7.5 and iTunes 11.1.4 (62)

I CAN use the Apple Remote app from any of the iDevices to connect to and control the shared iTunes library.

I CANNOT use the Music app on any of the iDevices to show the shared library. On the iPad's there is no 'more...' link in the toolbar, and nothing about shared music. On the iPhone's, which always show the 'more..' button, there is no 'shared' option.

I can see my music collection on most of the devices that use the same Apple ID due to the fact that I use iTunes Match, but this is playing the music from iCloud, not the shared library (I can prove this by shutting down the Mac with the shared library and the music continues to play, plus network traffic on the router indicates that it is receiving data from the internet.

So it appears that iOS 7.1.2, possibly earlier versions cannot connect to iTunes.

Anyone able to suggest sensible ideas on how to resolve?

Cheers

Dave

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 8:23 AM

There are no replies.

Troubleshoot Home Sharing not working from any iDevice, Mac's are ok, as is Apple Remote App

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.