Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Deleted Files on iTunes, Hard to restore from Trash

While organizing my media, thinking that I was on another session I erased my library [about 60,000 files] & sent files to the trash. tried to empty the trash but when i saw 60,000 files being deleted [or preparing to delete] I cancelled really quick the emptying, number went down from 60,000 to 32,000. at this point don't care how many were gone, i begun the recovery of files. I've become aware that if you delete files through a program and not from the Finder you won't get a "Put Back" on the menu option, I'm aware of this. Now, I've been trying to Move out the Files from the trash to a new folder on my desktop:

1.- First try [selecting all files] it moved about 5,000 out of all, I did not know how long it took, since i left it running at night time.

2.- Second time, tried to move files and moved a few [don't know exactly how many]. Thinking that the lap top memory could be saturated, did a shut down and restart.

3.- Tried to move the files [selected all] to Music folder, same thing only moved a few [dont know how many].

4.- Thinking that I have a 1TB disk, with 120G free space and the media is about 245G I tried to move to a 2TB external HD, selected all and only moved about 100.

5.-Tried Disk utility, verified Disk, Disk permissions and repaired disk permissions, Shut down, Restart and selected all files to move [first to the External 2TB HD and then to the laps HD, same result] and only moved a few [don't know exactly]; tried moving files by the hundredths and again moved a few, then I tried moving 16 files and it only moved 4, tried to move 8 and it only moved 2. appears that then, was only moving 1/4 of the files.

6.- Tried to move some of the media [that was recovered from the trash] from the folder in my desktop to another folder and it moves them "Normal", quick not problems.

Cant think of anything else. Help Please!

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 7:50 AM

There are no replies.

Deleted Files on iTunes, Hard to restore from Trash

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.