Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I delete all Podcast subscriptions at once?

Is there a way to unsubscribe to all Podcasts at one time? Command A doesn't seem to work. My downloads are taking forever since it keeps looking for new episodes of programs that haven't been up dated in years.

I'd like to just zap them all and build a new subscription list from current shows that I actually listen to now.

thanks

I'm on a new Mac Book Pro running Maverick, itunes 11.3 - whatever the latest one is, I got it yesterday.

Thanks

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 9:10 AM

3 replies

Jul 12, 2014 9:22 AM in response to CandlerGuy

Select 'list' from the top bar when viewing the podcasts.

Now select all, right click (or ctrl+click) and choose unsubscribe.

I haven't tested this since I have many podcasts in subscribed & unsubscribed state. If the only option is to 'subscribe' do that & then undo it the same way 🙂

You could delete them all if you know what subscriptions you want to recreate - you can also copy the podcast URL's too when all items are selected (mine seems to make many duplicates, but these can be pruned out - the 'sort' command makes this trivial - ask if interested).

Jul 12, 2014 12:09 PM in response to CandlerGuy

If iTunes is organising the library the old downloads should be in a podcasts folder. Quit iTunes & delete them from inside your home folder - Music/iTunes/iTunes Music/Podcasts/ (the path may vary).

I'd disconnect from the network, reboot & retry iTunes. If the issue is because it is trying to look up servers that should stop it long enough to delete the old podcast feeds.

There are steps to take to try to rebuild an iTunes library, but I'd consider that a last resort.

How can I delete all Podcast subscriptions at once?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.