Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Desktop photo from iPhoto does not appear in iPhoto

MacBook Pro, approximately one year old, OS 10.8.5 and iPhoto '11

In System Preferences>Desktop and Screen Saver, I have the Desktop set to use iPhoto, changing randomly every 1 minute. Some photos it uses are not photos that appear anywhere in iPhoto. Today I saw one go by that I want to access and use for other purposes, but it's not in iPhoto! Could the Desktop rotation be accessing photos in some other form?

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 9:14 AM

3 replies

Aug 21, 2014 11:41 AM in response to Larry Israel

This is the iPhoto forum - as far as I know when you tell the screen save to use iPhoto it does - but that does not involve iPhot - it is a system function - you might try asking in the forum for your OS

And why are you so sure the photo is not in iPhoto? How many photos do you have? could it be somewhere you are not looking or could it be hidden in iPhoto?

LN

Aug 21, 2014 11:51 AM in response to Larry Israel

If your iPhoto library is offline, or you switched between iPhoto libraries, the System preferences will revert to using the system default photos instead.

All System default Desktop pictures are stored in the system library. Perhaps you can find the photos you are looking for in this folder:

/Library/Desktop Pictures/ (in Lion or later, if I remember correctly)

Open the "Library" folder at the top level of your Macintosh HD and open the folder "Desktop Pictures". Be careful, when you browse this folder. Don't change anything.

Desktop photo from iPhoto does not appear in iPhoto

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.