Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Get an older version of GarageBand iOS?

How do I get an older version of GarageBand for iOS (pre 2.0.1)? Other than this method :

https://sites.google.com/site/appleclubfhs/support/advice-and-articles/app-store -downloading-older-versions-of-apps-ios

I have been all over that article trying to figure this issue out. The problem for me is, my app store, my wife's app store, my friend's app stores, etc. all have updated versions of GarageBand iOS and we have updated iOS to 7. I can't downgrade to iOS 6 any longer. I've asked a friend to trade me his old iPad for my newer one! And on and on to no avail.

Is there a way I can download a pre - 2.0.1 version of GarageBand iOS from a 3rd party? Can the file be placed somewhere and then onto my Mac via iTunes? I have contacted app store support about this. They offered to refund my $4.99, but cannot give me my also purchased (on a different account and updated there as well) old version of GB iOS.

I have a compatibility issue between the latest GB for iOS and Logic Pro 9 on the Mac. LP 9 will not open the latest version of GB iOS. I cannot download LP 10 bc my 2007 MP is 32-bit EFI. I'm not comfortable w/ the hacks for getting Mavericks, etc. as I'm not computer savvy. I'm a songwriter who wants to write and record as simply as possible. My current set-up runs like a tank. GB iOS is great for getting ideas down when on the road. Then I flesh things out on the Mac in LP and add the audio tracks there as well.

Anyone know a workaround for opening GB iOS in LP9? I don't want the audio BTW, just the MIDI. I can find the audio by show package contents, etc. but I can't see the MIDI info in the folder. Maybe my OSX won't recognize as I could possibly do this manually? When I unpack a pre-2.0.1 GB file on the Mac, I can see both the audio and the MIDI, but not on the new GB ".band" file. Any thoughts or ideas are welcomed. Thank you!

Mac Pro 1,1 June 2007

2x Quad Core 2.66 Ghz Intel Xeon

16 GB RAM

2 HD's

Logic Pro 9.1.8

Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 10:34 AM

3 replies

Get an older version of GarageBand iOS?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.