Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Secure Link to Itunes Store Failed

Hi all,

I am getting the "Secure Link to Itunes Store Failed" and the help screen says "The requested url /itunes/win/11.3/ was not found on this server" when I run Itunes diagnostics.

I am unable to sign in to the Itunes Store from Itunes 11.3.0.54 in Windows 7. I just get the "Accessing Itunes Store" message indefinitely, which is why I ran the diagnostics.

I have already tried the winsock reset twice, and I have also reviewed the winsock entries using Autoruns as described in many postings here. However the only entries I see in Autoruns are both Bonjour entries. I have not installed any new updates or new software on the computer since yesterday when it was all running fine, except for upgrading to the latest Itunes as prompted, and probably there were auto updates to McCafee which were installed in the meantime. Everything in Itunes was working fine up until this morning.

I have also tried temporarily disabling Firewall and Anti Virus and this did not work either.

In fact, I have now just tried to connect to Itunes on another windows 8 computer running an earlier version of Itunes, and I got exactly the same problem, so this is not specific to one PC.

I have not changed any settings on my router or ISP recently and everything else appears to be working normally.

Any ideas?

thanks

Patrick.

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 10:36 AM

2 replies

Jul 12, 2014 1:19 PM in response to turingtest2

Hi,

You could be right that the response to clicking on help is a symptom of an entirely separate issue, but nevertheless the secure link to itunes is definitely failed, and I am unable to log into Itunes on either PC.

I also noticed that even if I click on the link to create a whole new Apple ID, I cannot do that either, presumably because the secure link is not working.

After I noticed that there were weird things happening this morning, I did change my Apple ID password in the hope that this might resolve it, but it seemed to make it worse. Now, all of my apple devices keep constantly prompting me for the apple ID password, and randomly either accepting it, or telling me it is wrong. I know the password is correct because I can log onto the apple Manage My Apple ID screens in a web browser with it.

I was starting to think that this is an ISP issue (BT Broadband), but I have not seen anyone else posting with the same issue. Does Apple use a different security protocol to everyone else? I'm asking because all other secure services seem to be working fine, but anything related to apple that requires a secure connection or authentication is having issues.

I have also seen reference to making sure that Itunes is listed as an allowed program in Windows Firewall. I cannot seem to do this because it says that my Windows firewall is being managed by McCafee. I have checked the settings in McCafee, and it appears to me that Itunes, Bonjour, and many other apple programs have been granted "Full" access. As said before in any case I have tried temporarily disabling the firewall and even this did not solve the problem.

Secure Link to Itunes Store Failed

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.