Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Workaround for opening GB 2.0.1 iOS in LP9?

I have a compatibility issue between the latest GB for iOS and Logic Pro 9 on the Mac. LP 9 will not open the latest version of GB iOS. I cannot download LP 10 bc my 2007 MP is 32-bit EFI. I'm not comfortable w/ the hacks for getting Mavericks, etc. as I'm not computer savvy. I'm a songwriter who wants to write and record as simply as possible. My current set-up runs like a tank (except this one "little" compatibility issue!). GB iOS is great for getting ideas down when on the road. Then I flesh things out on the Mac in LP and add the audio tracks there as well.

Anyone know a workaround for opening GB 2.0.1 iOS in LP9? I don't want the audio BTW, just the MIDI. I can find the audio by "show package contents", etc. but I can't see the MIDI info in the folder. Maybe my OSX won't recognize as I could possibly do this manually? When I unpack a pre-2.0.1 GB file on the Mac, I can see both the audio and the MIDI, but not on the new GB ".band" file. Any thoughts or ideas are welcomed. Thank you!

Mac Pro 1,1 June 2007

2x Quad Core 2.66 Ghz Intel Xeon

16 GB RAM

2 HD's

Logic Pro 9.1.8

Snow Leopard 10.6.8

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 10:41 AM

There are no replies.

Workaround for opening GB 2.0.1 iOS in LP9?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.