Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

The play option is not available on some iTunes extra titles on Apple TV

With the latest update iTunes extra has been added to Apple TV, which is pretty cool. BUT some titles do not have the "play" option once you are in the iTunes extra menu. All the features are there, but the play option is not. This is particularly happening with the movie Planes. Other Disney titles, and non-disney titles, seem to irk fine. It works from my MacBook Pro. I have logged out and back into iTunes on my ATV with no change. Any ideas?

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 9:49 AM

4 replies

Jul 12, 2014 12:47 PM in response to awdavis55

It sounds like lack of testing with these titles in all honesty.

I guess you could also alert itunes Store support to this. Hoepfully it's just the odd title here and there, and something that can be quickly fixed, but kids won't understand that!

I'm dissapointed that the old Extras I have downloaded in iTunes won't work as they would with AppleTV 1 when streamed from iTunes.

Uncertain if you can download Extras to iTunes anymore either if they are cloud dependent and in some new format perhaps. Yet to try but I don't think they'd work via Home Sharing.

The play option is not available on some iTunes extra titles on Apple TV

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.