Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

My iphone 4s shuts down every time I try to use camera. This seems to have occurred after the "update" to iOS7. Any suggestions?

After update to iOS 7.1.2 my 4s camera became completely inoperable. Phone restarts every time I try to take a photo (and when I try to use any app that uses the camera, e.g. barcode scanner). I have tried all the suggested fixes. Restarts, resets, resetting phone back to original settings with no added apps or photos or other data. Still restarts every time.

Had a problem with being unable to access wifi too which occurred around the same time but found fix online that suggested putting phone in freezer for 10 minutes. After hours of trying to get tech support without success I tried it as a last resort. Surprise: it worked! But camera issue remains unchanged.

Very frustrating not to be able to use the camera. Obviously.

Any and all help would be much appreciated! Thanks.

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 9:49 AM

There are no replies.

My iphone 4s shuts down every time I try to use camera. This seems to have occurred after the "update" to iOS7. Any suggestions?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.