Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do i delete photos from my phone that were downloaded off a computer i no longer have

I have 2 photo albums that won't delete when I go to edit my folders. I understand this is because I have taken them from a computer and put them on my phone. I also understand that if I plug my phone into the computer and go to iTunes I can select which photo albums I want on my phone and which ones I don't.

The problem I have is that the 2 albums I have on my phone are from an old computer I don't have anymore. And they are not on my new one that I'm using now. So when I go to selected photo albums in ITunes, those albums are not there for me to delete.

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 9:47 AM

2 replies

Jul 12, 2014 10:35 AM in response to shannderr

Try going to iTunes and remove the checkmark in front of "Sync Photos From" and then do a sync to see if it will remove all of the previously synced photos from the phone. If that doesn't work, try changing the selection of photos to be synced so that only one new photo is sent to the phone. If that successfully deletes the photos on the phone you can then select any photos you want added back to the phone and sync again. Note that each time you sync, iTunes sets the non-Camera Roll photos on the phone to match the current iTunes settings.

How do i delete photos from my phone that were downloaded off a computer i no longer have

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.