Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Transferring music from iPhone to computer/iTunes

hi there,

my computer recently caught a virus and had to be rebooted meaning everything was removed from it. I had to reinstall iTunes but all my music was gone. I still have my music on my iphone but I don't want to download anymore incase it deletes what I have remaining on my phone. Is there anything I can do to put all of my music back onto itunes without having to download it all again?

thankyou

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 10:49 AM

3 replies

Jul 13, 2014 9:04 AM in response to annaledgewood

The user tip should help you extract everything that is on the iPhone and listed in the Music app, whether it came from the iTunes Store or not.

It is usually possible to remove viruses from computers without going nuclear on the hard drive. Unless the user data has been encrypted the hard drive can be attached to another uninfected computer and all user data copied off to safe storage. Keeping a backup of your data makes even that effort unnecessary. 😐

tt2

Transferring music from iPhone to computer/iTunes

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.