Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

iMovie not responing on new iMac

Hi,everyone I have my new iMac and already used the iMovie 10.0.4. It worked great but suddenly it doesn't open again saying "application not responding". Did hard reset also reinstalled it, bu still the same problem. No access to the library too.

Not a problem of space, also the file isn't big.

Please your advice

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 10:51 AM

5 replies

Jul 14, 2014 1:43 AM in response to mshalibo

I am having this problem too.

I have had it for several months now. The only work around i;ve found is moving the Library to a new place. Then that stopped working and I have to create a new user account and log into that each time.

When I seen the new 10.0.4 update I was really excited - but no. Nothing. iMovie is currently useless to me. Very annoyed.

Jul 19, 2014 12:59 PM in response to vjskulpture

Hi again,

I eventually succeeded by opening a new user on my iMac and it was working fine...until now...hope there won't be any other problems. Anyway, the bad thing is that when you open a new user you can't easily access your documents...so I use a shared window.

I have created a new song (song I wrote and play) - the clip is quite basic -

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V_4SW_g07Pg&feature=em-upload_owner

iMovie not responing on new iMac

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.