Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Is there a way that I can use my iPhone when I'm out and about to get information (documents, apps, pictures, music, etc.) from my MacBook?

Is there a way that I can use my iPhone when I'm out and about to get information (documents, apps, pictures, music, etc.) from my MacBook?

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 12:59 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 14, 2014 11:35 AM

Hi NatGoalie,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like some iCloud features are exactly what you are looking for. Review the attached article and please let me know if this is a solution for you.

iCloud: What is iCloud?

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2608

iCloud features

Here are the features of iCloud, iCloud.com, and some apps that use iCloud. Some features have minimum system requirements.

• Content everywhere: Anything you purchase from the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store is automatically available on all your devices. You can also access past purchases from any of your devices.
  • Photos: Share photos and videos with your favorite people when you create a shared photo stream. They can also post photos, videos, and comments to your streams, and changes appear automatically on everyone’s devices. You can quickly and easily see the latest updates from all your shared streams in the Activity view on your device. iCloud also stores all photos recently added to your devices in My Photo Stream.
  • Documents in the Cloud: If you have apps that support Documents in the Cloud on more than one device, iCloud automatically keeps your documents up to date across your devices.
  • Pages, Numbers, and Keynote for iCloud beta: Create and edit Pages, Numbers, and Keynote documents using a web browser on a Mac or Windows computer. Your documents are automatically available in the Pages, Numbers, and Keynote apps on your Mac and iOS devices. Beta versions of these web apps are available in English only on iCloud.com.

Have a great day,

Joe

1 reply
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 14, 2014 11:35 AM in response to NatGoalie

Hi NatGoalie,

Welcome to the Apple Support Communities!

It sounds like some iCloud features are exactly what you are looking for. Review the attached article and please let me know if this is a solution for you.

iCloud: What is iCloud?

http://support.apple.com/kb/PH2608

iCloud features

Here are the features of iCloud, iCloud.com, and some apps that use iCloud. Some features have minimum system requirements.

• Content everywhere: Anything you purchase from the iTunes Store, App Store, and iBooks Store is automatically available on all your devices. You can also access past purchases from any of your devices.
  • Photos: Share photos and videos with your favorite people when you create a shared photo stream. They can also post photos, videos, and comments to your streams, and changes appear automatically on everyone’s devices. You can quickly and easily see the latest updates from all your shared streams in the Activity view on your device. iCloud also stores all photos recently added to your devices in My Photo Stream.
  • Documents in the Cloud: If you have apps that support Documents in the Cloud on more than one device, iCloud automatically keeps your documents up to date across your devices.
  • Pages, Numbers, and Keynote for iCloud beta: Create and edit Pages, Numbers, and Keynote documents using a web browser on a Mac or Windows computer. Your documents are automatically available in the Pages, Numbers, and Keynote apps on your Mac and iOS devices. Beta versions of these web apps are available in English only on iCloud.com.

Have a great day,

Joe

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.