Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

MacBook Pro is frozen

The color wheel is turning but nothing happens. I can't move my cursor so quitting and rebooting from the menu is out. Also tried hitting the power button and various keyboard keys. Nothing. With my PC, I used to disconnect it from its power source, but can't get to the Pro's battery.

Please help!

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 11:26 AM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 11:40 AM

Hold the power button down for 10+ seconds. It should shut down.

Then try a reboot.

Ciao.

3 replies

Jul 12, 2014 12:18 PM in response to Bodiemom

It's a good idea when restarting to hold down the Shift key and start up in Safe Mode. This does a system check and repair of your hard drive in case something there caused the system freeze.

Once started up in Safe Mode, restart normally, and go to Applications > Utilities > Disk Utility and repair permissions on the hard drive.

Good luck with it!

Jul 12, 2014 12:33 PM in response to Bodiemom

Thanks all. I've only had similar problem like this once before so I forgot you had to hold down the power button for several seconds. I guess that's a good thing. My PC was freezing all the time. Also thanks for the system check instructions. My iTunes has been freezing when I'm syncing so I will check my system out using your instructions.

MacBook Pro is frozen

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.