Apple Event: May 7th at 7 am PT

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Iphone 5 warranty replacement model

Hi everybody. Joined here because my Iphone 5 is starting to rattle(not by the camera, but by the SIM card and middle phone).

I purchased this phone brand new a few days before it was discontinued and replaced with the 5C/S back in late september. I've booked a meeting with the apple store tomorrow to have my phone checked out. Seeing that most people with this issue get their iphone 5 replaced with a new one, what happens if they replace my phone since the iPhone 5 has been discontinued? Would they just give me a refurbished iphone 5? or will they replace it with a 5C? or a 5S?

Just curious because i'd be real ****** if they gave me a refurbished phone/plastic 5C to replace my aluminum/glass 5 that was purchased brand new. Really hope they can fix the problem by replacing the faulty piece.

Anybody else recently have their iphone 5 taken in for the rattle issue? Just yesterday i decided to ditch my spigen slim case and just slap on film covers on the front/back. First i noticed the lock button has play in it, then the phone rattles from the lower portion of the phone when you shake it. Also recently noticed the home button sometimes doesn't respond on the first press.

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 11:48 AM

1 reply

Iphone 5 warranty replacement model

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.