Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How do you update a Windows 8.1 with latest Apple drivers?

I've got Windows 8.1.1 on my mid-2012 MBP using Bootcamp 5. I see that there is a 5.1 Bootcamp for Windows 8.1 so I assume it contains updated drivers. Is there documentation available about updating an existing Bootcamp and W8.1 installation?

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 12:15 PM

6 replies

Jul 15, 2014 10:38 AM in response to jason269

Thank you for replying, Jason. You correctly linked to the Botocamp update I was referring to. I assume that since this new Bootcamp version specifically addresses Windows 8.1, it must contain updated drivers that would be appropriate for my Windows 8.1.1 installation on an existing Bootcamp partition. I have previously read the instructions for Bootcamp but having read those and others they seem to apply to new installations rather than updating an existing installation. Are there no special steps necessary to update an existing Bootcamp installation or does one installation cover both updating and new, clean installs of Bootcamp?

Aug 25, 2014 11:15 AM in response to Rudegar

Thank you for your help and clarification. The zip file to which you refer contains all available updates for all the relevant Apple computers. Instead of having to guess at which drivers are applicable to my particular MBP I'm tempted to use the main setup program. When I run it the message says that it can do a "repair install". Do you know if it will select and install all the drivers for my MBP model, in other words?

How do you update a Windows 8.1 with latest Apple drivers?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.