Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Very strange screen problem (previous app leaves mark)

I'm Danielle, i'm from the Netherlands and i'm having a very strange problem with my iPad mini (bought It August 2013).

never had problems with my iPad, but since a few weeks i have à strange problem with my screen.

when i open an app, for example messages, and i use it for a while, and then return to the home screen or go to another app,the messages app leaves a mark o'n the screen at the left side of my screen (an area of 2 cm from the Side). my english is not very good but im trying to describe it.

I cant make a print screen of iT because its a problem with the screen So you dont see iT on a print screen.

so:

- i see a mark of THE previous screen(app) on my screen

- first i throught iT was: in dutch we call it doorgebrand, translated in english: burn through (dont know if i translated it right). Like a old computer when you are working at a screen for to long so letters and text are printed, permanently, on the Screen (Thats why you have screen savers).

- but: it disapears in a few minutes or if i open a black screen.

- It's not very clear to see (The longer i used the app, The clearer the Mark) and iT has horizontal stripes

i hope someone has experience with this problem or knows what i have to do.

i never heard of this problem before and i cant Find iT on Google.

kind regards,

danielle from the netherlands

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 12:36 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 29, 2017 1:26 PM

Hey there! I had the same problem today, but the mark disappeared after I turned my screen off for some hours. It usually happens when you don't turn your screen off for a long time. This might also be helpful: https://www.google.com.uy/search?site=&source=hp&q=previous+app+leaves+mark+on+i phone&oq=previous+app+leaves+mark+on+iph…

3 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 29, 2017 1:26 PM in response to daniellefromrotterdam

Hey there! I had the same problem today, but the mark disappeared after I turned my screen off for some hours. It usually happens when you don't turn your screen off for a long time. This might also be helpful: https://www.google.com.uy/search?site=&source=hp&q=previous+app+leaves+mark+on+i phone&oq=previous+app+leaves+mark+on+iph…

Very strange screen problem (previous app leaves mark)

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.