Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

trouble connecting 2nd Iphone 5 to the PC

I have two iPhone 5's and one conects to the pc and the other doesn't. I have been able to update and get off all the pictures from the first phone. My other iPhone 5 will not connect to the pc(it does start charging) and now has 1300 pics on it taking it to 9 GB total space used. Its backed up on icloud to the best of my knowledge(I have paid for extra space on Icloud), but I need to get the pictures off to decrease the space so I can update it. The phone has not been updated since 2013.

Is there a setting that could be causing the phone to not update? Any other advice that could help me get this phone connected to the pc? The same cable is used for both phones, the iTunes link and download wizard comes up for the first phone but nothing but charging for the second.

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 12:53 PM

1 reply

Jul 12, 2014 2:00 PM in response to mj>

I'm not sure why your other phone won't connect to your computer but if you haven't already tried you might want the force-close all apps (double-tap the home button, swipe up on the app previews to close them then tap the home button again), then reset it (hold the power and home buttons at the same time until you see the Apple logo, then release). You might also try resetting all settings (in Settings>General>Reset). This will erase your wifi passwords so you will have to rejoin your wifi network.

If none of that works, a work around would be to use an app like PhotoSync to transfer your photos to your computer over your wifi (http://www.photosync-app.com). Then you can delete the photos from your phone and update over the air.

trouble connecting 2nd Iphone 5 to the PC

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.