Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How can I reset a phone with Find My iPhone enabled?

I purchased a phone from someone I do not know very well because mine suffered water damage and I do not want to use my Verion upgrade until the iPhone 6 is released.

He reset the phone but of course did not disable Find My iPhone. The guy is nice enough and tried to give me his log in information but could not remember it. He also used vague answers for his security questions, so I have not been able to unlock his account. I have tried to get him to call Apple himself, but he has since stopped dealing with me (I've probably driven him crazy, but he doesn't understand that what he would need to do is explain his situation and it would be relatively simple to convince Apple to reset his information).

My question is this... If I wrote somthing out for him to sign stating that he sold the phone to me and cannot login to disable the application, will an Apple agent be able to reset it for me? Is there any way around this?

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 12:21 PM

2 replies

Jul 12, 2014 12:27 PM in response to ataylorhicks

You can't. Get your money back. It's useless to you. Nothing he could "sign" would do you any good. The only way Apple will intervene is if you have the original proof of purchase from an authorized source. If he won't or can't take care of the problem and won't give you a refund, turn the phone over to the police and give them all the information you can on the seller. It's likely it's stolen if he can't remove the lock.

How can I reset a phone with Find My iPhone enabled?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.