Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

loss of files inside a project when closing a library

Who can help ?

Having almost finalized a project in FCP10.1, I tried to close the library ( only this one project in this library ) when I re-opened it, almost all of my sound files where not found even though I had strengthened the files of the project in files' menu ( or whatever you call it in english). I had to manually go and look for them on my external hard drive WHY?

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 12:45 PM

2 replies

Jul 13, 2014 1:41 PM in response to Russ H

Hello Russ,

Thanks for your interest. I must admit I am not quite confident yet with the use of library but my project is both within FCPX and I saved it on an external HD. About closing the library, I just did file>close the library.

Now and this is where I suspect I did something wrong, now that I re-opened the library, all the keywords I had given to my diverse medias won't show when I click on one of them in the library inspector and the library Icon shows a yellow triangle as if there are broken links...

loss of files inside a project when closing a library

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.