Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

How am I supposed to read what a poster writes?

It's right annoying when a post gets clipped on the right I have to scroll back and forth to see the words. Any work-arounds for this?

I don't care about all the fluff on the edges. It would be nice if at least the text was size to the screen.

You can see in the post from Mac McUser50 that I am missing some words on the right.

Powermac G5 won't boot from install dvd.

User uploaded file

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 12:51 PM

16 replies

Jul 12, 2014 5:05 PM in response to seventy one

seventy one wrote:

...it is meant to meet the needs of the IOS brigade. Unless Jive writes in a way for all of us to be treated equally it will get worse by the day.

You will find no argument with me about being a waste of time, but as far as meeting the needs of the "IOS brigade," it has with certainty also missed that goal. When browsing ASC on my iPad in portrait mode, which is my preferred orientation, I see the same symptoms as described by the OP.😁

User uploaded file

Jul 12, 2014 9:44 PM in response to Ferd II

The entire page was there by default.

On my screen shot I think what happened I had to enlarge the page just to see if if it was the same as yours. I returned it to normal size, I think I jiggled it taking the screen shot causing the loss of the right side of the page.

Have you tried landscape view ? I think the page shows up much better in landscape.

I fully agree the IOS brigade isn't to blame. I can't imagine reading this on an iPhone.

Jul 13, 2014 1:01 PM in response to rccharles

rcc....... et al

I am pretty sure this is a combo of Device AND Browser. Like some, the thread looks fine to me in [Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; U; PPC Mac OS X 10.4; en-US; rv:1.9.2.28) Gecko/20120306 Firefox/3.6.28] and in Safari. I cannot replicate your posted image in any Zoom of either. The text wraps differently that your image as well.

I have come to prefer FF and Zoom - 2. In FF I could Zoom Text Only if I chose, but I am satisfied at Z-2.

I have a feeling that toying with Browser Zoom may be the key to solving your issue.

CCC

Jul 13, 2014 8:40 PM in response to ChitlinsCC

I have not yet figured it out.

I installed user agent switcher.

http://chrispederick.com/work/user-agent-switcher/installed/07/

What is my user agent?

http://whatsmyuseragent.com/

I know I am on an odd machine fedorada 19 running firefox. Normal setting:

Mozilla/5.0 (X11; Linux i686; rv:26.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/26.0

I played around with my user agent. Didn't seem to get it right.

Your User Agent String is:

Mozilla/5.0 (Macintosh; Intel Mac OS X 10.6; rv:25.0) Gecko/20100101 Firefox/25.0

I'll have to try to customize the settings to what you have.

once I figure out CSS, I'll play around with the settings.

Once I reduces the page size in firefox, I could read everything. I guess I'll go with this for now.

Robert

How am I supposed to read what a poster writes?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.