Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how can i add an ipad to my wifi connection?

I got a "new used" ipad from a friend. When I see my wifi id and click on it, it asks for a password. But when I type the password (six digits) that I use on my laptop, it doesn't recognize it. How do I add the ipad to my network?

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 2:07 PM

The following has instructions and a link to further troubleshooting. The most likely problem is that you are using the wrong password -- that's a common problem because once you have connected a device such as your laptop the first time it typically auto connects every time after that and the password gets forgotten. iOS: Connecting to Wi-Fi

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2014 2:07 PM in response to cowd8649

The following has instructions and a link to further troubleshooting. The most likely problem is that you are using the wrong password -- that's a common problem because once you have connected a device such as your laptop the first time it typically auto connects every time after that and the password gets forgotten. iOS: Connecting to Wi-Fi

how can i add an ipad to my wifi connection?

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.