Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Movie Download

I have an iPad and so does my husband. I have a few movies downloaded on my iPad mini. How do I (or can I) download those movies onto my husband iPad?

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 1:52 PM

2 replies

Jul 12, 2014 1:59 PM in response to joannafromhuntington beach

You can't unless you share an Apple ID. If you do share the same ID, just go to the purchases tab of the iTunes Store on the iPad, find the movies, and then download them again. Obviously, you do have to be signed into the Apple ID in order to download them again for free.

If you have different Apple ID's, you can download the movies on his iPad if you sign into your ID in the settings, but your husband will be locked out of his own Apple ID for 90 days And will have to wait 90 days before he can switch back to his own ID.

Jul 12, 2014 2:01 PM in response to joannafromhuntington beach

Do you use the same iTunes account ? If you do then he might be able to redownload them on his iPad via the Purchased tab in the iTunes store app - whether they can be redownloaded depends upon if the rights-holder allows redownloading and if they are still in the store.

If you don't use the same iTunes account (potentially you could log into your account on his iPad and redownload them, but that might tie his iPad to your account for 90 days : http://support.apple.com/kb/HT4627), then he can sync them via his computer's iTunes. You can copy iTunes purchases from your iPad to your computer's iTunes library by connecting it and doing File > Devices > Transfer Purchases. If you sync to different computers you can then find where they are stored on your computer by right-clicking (control-clicking if using a Mac) one of them in the Movies part of your iTunes library and selecting 'show in explorer' ('show in finder' on a Mac), copy them to a flash drive (or memory card etc), and add them to his computer's iTunes library (File > Add To Library - you will need to authorise your account on his computer's iTunes via the Store > Authorise This Computer menu option).

Movie Download

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.