Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Opt out of icloud

How can I opt out of icloud services on my PC laptop iTunes player?

I want access to all of my music, even when I do not have internet. I do not want my purchased music to periodically disappear from my computer after upgrades.

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 3:05 PM

4 replies

Jul 12, 2014 4:38 PM in response to rojoyamarillo

How can I opt out of icloud services on my PC laptop iTunes player?

....I do not want my purchased music to periodically disappear from my computer after upgrades.

Ro Joy,

Those two things have nothing to do with each other.

If your music is disappearing, pls give details of what is happening, and someone here may be able to help.

Jul 13, 2014 11:47 AM in response to ed2345

I recently discovered that my iTunes library did not contain any of the music that I have bought through iTunes. I have not changed computers or reset my system. The iTunes music I downloaded from CDs was all still present. I was able to re-download all of my purchased music yesterday, but I don't want it to happen again. I could still see my purchased Music in the iTunes program, but it was grey and I couldn't use it while disconnected from the Internet. In Explorer, the album folders still existed in the iTunes library folder, but they were empty--no music files.

I had assumed that iCloud deleted the music, to save my drive space by just saving the music to the cloud. However, I DO want copies of all music on my computer.

Jul 13, 2014 12:08 PM in response to rojoyamarillo

iCloud will keep the history of iTunes store purchases, however some content owners decide to take media down from the store (or worse, take it down, tweak it & release it as something new) so iCloud cannot let you download them. The iTunes store will also stream files so you can use less storage on the computer.

It seems odd to me that all of your purchased music disappeared at one point, but this seems like it was a while ago & may be impossible to figure out what happened?

I'd suggest you look for all the files that have the iCloud download icon…

Browse the music as a list of songs.

Ensure the 'iCloud download' column is active in 'View > Show View mode'.

Download all the ones you want on the computer by clicking the icon (or select them & right click > download)

When you have all the files go offline, reboot & check that you can play everything again.

You can disable the 'iCloud icons' and tracks that will stream by disabling the preference for 'Show iTunes in the Cloud purchases'. You may want to do that after grabbing everything.

P.S.

Don't forget to make archive backups of purchases - iCloud is no protection as you can see 😟.

Opt out of icloud

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.