Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

having issues with purchased playlist and syncing

So, I'm really particular with the organization and appearance of all the music on my iPod (I'm someone that goes into the artist tab when looking for something to listen to, so the path is always artist > albums > songs), so often times after I purchase something, I'll edit the song or album titles to look nicer (so it doesn't say 'Deluxe Edition'), or to organized things into the specific albums I want (so there isn't a song missing from an album that I purchased when it was a 'single').

I've started syncing my iPod to update any songs I want to add manually (as in, ones that I've added from places other than the iTunes Store and therefore wouldn't just appear on my iPod) because iTunes stopped letting me click and drag songs I wanted to add for whatever reason. Anyway, I had to delete my Purchased Playlist from my iTunes library because when I synced my iPod, it would change all the song and album titles back to the original ones they had before I edited them, which would then change them on my iPod, and instead of having everything in neat, well organized places, I'd end up with like three different versions of the same album with the songs split up because of little differences in the labeling, and that drives me crazy.

But now, every single time I purchase something, the Purchase playlist reappears on my playlists on iTunes, and even though it just lists the thing I just bought (as opposed to my entire purchasing history), it still changes all the files I've ever purchased back to the original names and messes things up. And when it's over 200 songs, I'm really not in the mood to go back and manually edit every single song info every single time so that my iPod is organized when I sync it. And the thing is, when I right click and go to 'get info', the edits I made are still there, and I don't even have to erase or change things, it will just automatically fix itself, but only after I right click and go to 'get info', which is still a pain in the butt.

So, is there any way to either stop iTunes from changing all the info back, or to better yet, just not create a Purchased Playlist when I buy songs/albums?

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 1:40 PM

There are no replies.

having issues with purchased playlist and syncing

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.