Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Macbook pro 2010 13" battery replacement capacity

Hi All,

I've had my 2010 13" macbook pro's battery replaced by service provider. The previous battery (that have been replaced) had a 5770 mAh original capacity. The new battery initially showed an 5770 mAh original capacity (I've seen it with the Battery Health app). Then I asked the service guy to clean the initial parts of my macbook pro. After that it showed 5450 mAh original/factory capacity. I've checked the battery details when I got home: 63.5 Wh, 10.95V, so I've read that this should be the right replacement, but I still don't get how the original capacities can be different (and changed by time) if it is the capacity when it left the factory. Did the service guy replaced the battery to an older version during the cleaning or am I too suspicious?

Many thanks for your answers!

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 2:12 PM

2 replies

Jul 12, 2014 3:36 PM in response to pappo14

Did the service guy replaced the battery to an older version during the cleaning...

Check the cycle count. A new battery should have no more than maybe 2 assuming you have not added any.

...or am I too suspicious?

Don't know. Just because you are not paranoid doesn't mean they are not after you! 😀

Seriously, it could be a reporting error after the "cleaning." Try an SMC reset and see if things get better:

Intel-based Macs: Resetting the System Management Controller (SMC)

Macbook pro 2010 13" battery replacement capacity

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.