Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

how to get old iMovie back!!!???

I restored my whole macbook because of a virus, therefore i have to download everything back. But when i got my macbook a year ago, iMovie was in my applications folder. Now, it's not there. So i downloaded iMovie from the App Store but its the new version, iMovie '11. But I'm way more comfortable with iMovie '9. I tried everything! There is no folder called iMovie beside iMovie in my application folder that holds the old version (the only way most can get it back). Any idea on how i can get it back? thank you!

User uploaded file

as you can see, there is no folder besides iMovie called "iMovie" if that helps

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 1:19 PM

1 reply

Jul 12, 2014 6:55 PM in response to phammerpants

First, restoring your Mac was almost certainly unnecessary. Malware that would require such an extreme step is quite rare. In the future, if you think you have been infected with malware of some kind, please check in here before taking drastic action!

As for the version of iMovie, a one year old Mac would not have come with iMovie '09. That must have been carried over when you migrated from an older Mac. Do you still have an older iLife '09 disk somewhere? If not, you may need to buy it second-hand through eBay if the newer iMovie doesn't do the trick.

how to get old iMovie back!!!???

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.