Want to highlight a helpful answer? Upvote!

Did someone help you, or did an answer or User Tip resolve your issue? Upvote by selecting the upvote arrow. Your feedback helps others! Learn more about when to upvote >

Looks like no one’s replied in a while. To start the conversation again, simply ask a new question.

Keynote 9: jumps to 3rd slide when starting to record presentation

I have K9 on a new Macbook Pro. I have presentation from K8 that I am rerecording. I start to record and it now jumps right away to the 3rd slide. When I first started I could record the 1st slide but then it would not record on the 2nd slide but jumped to the 3rd one. In trying to fix it the recording now jumps right to the 3rd slide. I do not know how this is happening. What do I need to change to fix this? Thanks for your help.

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 1:42 PM

Question marked as Best reply

Posted on Jul 12, 2014 2:55 PM

There is no version 8 or 9, the latest version is 6.2. the previous version is 5.3.

Assuming you are running 6.2, make the following changes:

1 - check each transition on every slide in the Navigator and set to: Animate > Start Transition > On Click

2 - delete the recordings you have made: Inspector > Document > Audio > Clear

3 - record a new recording: Play > Record Slideshow

2 replies
Question marked as Best reply

Jul 12, 2014 2:55 PM in response to socccy

There is no version 8 or 9, the latest version is 6.2. the previous version is 5.3.

Assuming you are running 6.2, make the following changes:

1 - check each transition on every slide in the Navigator and set to: Animate > Start Transition > On Click

2 - delete the recordings you have made: Inspector > Document > Audio > Clear

3 - record a new recording: Play > Record Slideshow

Keynote 9: jumps to 3rd slide when starting to record presentation

Welcome to Apple Support Community
A forum where Apple customers help each other with their products. Get started with your Apple ID.